New Poll

Your As Cold As Ice, tag loki/amy
Laura Dinkley
 Posted: May 30 2018, 06:40 PM
Civilian
N/A AGE
65 POSTS
N/A • N/A

Laura let out a slight sigh as she looked threw and took note of the different artifacts that was one in front of her. Normally Laura wouldn't mind but the fact that she was in the middle of the ocean on a ship somewhere close by Antarctica where she and her fellow archeologists where checking or work about a sunken ship site. What Laura herself was doing was looking at the artifacts that just came up from the ocean that was still wet and made her gloves wet. So with her gloves being wet her hands were freezing more then the rest of her.

As she went about her work Laura couldn't but question her job choices right now, all that should could think about was being below deck inside of the ship were she knew it was warm and were she could get a nice hot cup of coffee. Just the thought of that nice cup of hot coffee was keeping her together and also they had only had two more days before they would have to start heading back. Oh boy! was Laura was looking to going home to her wonderful nice warm home. In here her head Laura could picture palm trees , sandy beaches and nice blue skies back home and also her favorite pair of pajamas and slippers.

The the thoughts of good old California was now helping her threw the cold and keeping her focused on her work.

PM
^
Loki Odinson
 Posted: Jun 3 2018, 07:41 PM
Villain
1053 AGE
37 POSTS
Loki • Chaos

If you meet me have some courtesy, have some sympathy and some taste
Use all your well-learned politesse or I'll lay your soul to waste

Loki didn't like the idea of leaving Hela by herself at the hidden mansion of the New Mutant Order. She was humouring him as it was by being there, waiting for the heat of her disappearing from the Avengers facility to die down.

She probably wouldn't do well on a large sea-faring vessel in the most southern part of the planet surrounded by puny ants also known as Midgardians. No, the Goddess of Death would probably seek great pleasure in reenacting a certain doomed pleasure craft when it met with an iceberg, dooming thousands to a cold watery death.

While Loki didn't care, per se, he did care about one of the artifacts that they had found.

News got back to Loki that archeologists had discovered a fragment of a frost giant weapon, he knew, knew that he needed to get it. How it got to Midgard, Loki had no idea, but since he was the son of Laufey, King of the Frost Giants, Loki felt that the fragment belonged to him by birthright.

All Loki needed to do was to get to that ship. Not that the Midgardians had any idea about the item they possessed, or even how powerful it was in the hands of a frost giant, but Loki didn't want to take that chance. Getting to it shouldn't be so hard... right?

And through a series of events involving his illusions, his cunning and his wits, Loki found himself on the ship under the guise of Luke, an archeologist specializing in Norse antiquities that was hired last minute to help identify the artifacts that were brought up the wreckage under frigid Antarctic water. Of course, being a frost giant, Loki was not bothered by the cold as he simply did not feel it, though had to pretend to feel chilled by it.

Knowing that a Laura Dinkley was looking at the latest batch of items and would likely know all of the artifacts brought on board, he sought her out in the designated lab area.

He stepped into the lab, holding two mugs of hot tea and saw her bent over one of the artifacts and could tell she was cold.

"Umm, miss Dinkley? I thought you could use a break and something warm to drink." He said as he walked up to her, offering her one of the mugs.

Tag: Laura Dinkley || Wearing this || Notes:

--------------------
Pleased to meet you hope you guess my name
But what's puzzling you is the nature of my game
PMEmail
^
Laura Dinkley
 Posted: Jun 7 2018, 09:33 PM
Civilian
N/A AGE
65 POSTS
N/A • N/A

Laura let out a sigh of relief when a fellow archeologist came to relieve her of her post. While she was glad to be able to go below deck and get warm. Laura couldn't but take a second to study the person who came to relieve her. The person that came to place was Luke who was a last minute hire who seemed to know a lot about Norse culture and myths. Laura was taking the time to notice that he was in a hoodie in the freezing clod like it was a normal spring day or something."Luke I really don't get how can you stand the cold, but anyhow thanks for coming to relieve me of my shift I could use a hot coffee."said Laura.

Laura then went and put the clipboard with her notes onto the table with the artifacts. Once that was done Laura then walked across the deck and over to the door that led down below, she opened the door and then closed it behind her and then she walked down the stairs and headed to her shared cabin first to drop of her parka into her room. Laura then went hang her coat and hang it up in her closet cabinets on the ship.
Laura then moved over to the bathroom and washed hands and then just freshen up in general and then from there she when to the dinning and kitchen area of the ship to get her self that fresh hot cup of coffee.

Once she had her fresh cup of coffee, Laura then went took a seat at a table and took a sip of her coffee. Laura relished in the warmth that the coffee gave her. She was now also enjoying the warmth from that came from being inside the ship also. So Laura was a happy person in this moment.

PM
^
Loki Odinson
 Posted: Jun 8 2018, 08:33 AM
Villain
1053 AGE
37 POSTS
Loki • Chaos

Loki couldn’t help but couple his faint chuckle with a shrug when she commented on his lack of outerwear, a little amused that she didn’t take the offered mug. Perhaps it was just the vibe that he gave off to make people inherently distrust him. He was the God of Mischief after all, whether people knew it or not.

“With it being June, this time in the Antarctic isn’t all that cold. Minus fifteen is positively balmy compared to the dead of winter here. Oh, pardon me. I suppose that would be 5 degrees Fahrenheit for you.” Loki corrected himself. “I often wonder why America refuses to switch over to the metric system along with the rest of the World.” It was something that he always found funny when he learned more about Midgard and the nations that populated it.

After Laura took her leave, Loki set aside the extra mug as his eyes fell to the artifacts that she had been pouring over. It didn’t take long at all for him to see that the piece he was looking for was absent. Perhaps they already bagged and tagged it, storing it within the ship somewhere.

Loki reached for the clipboard that he’d seen Laura using, reading her notes. He smiled when he read an entry that described what seemed to be an edge of a broken blade, and her description of it sounded like it was what he was looking for, but didn’t make mention of where it would be stored after it was identified (incorrectly) as a broken piece of a Saxon axe. If only they knew that it was a shard of a much, much larger weapon.

Taking a large sip of his tea, he left his mug on the table, not caring for the rest of the artifacts and went back inside the ship to find Laura. And he found her where he expected to be.

Holding her clipboard in his hand, he made his approach.

“Miss Dinkley, my apologies to bother you during your break, but I couldn’t help but read over your notes about some of the artifacts that were found. In particular, this piece of a Saxon axe that wasn’t amongst the specimens on deck. I would very much like to take a look at it. Do you know where the identified pieces are stored?” He asked her as he flipped to the section of her notes that described it, handing it to her so she had a better idea of what he was talking about.

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Laura Dinkley
 Posted: Jun 11 2018, 09:03 PM
Civilian
N/A AGE
65 POSTS
N/A • N/A

Laura had just made it half way threw her coffee when she heard some one walk up to her table. She looked up from her coffee and saw that it was Luke it came to the table. Laura listened as Luke talked and showed her the clipboard. Before she she would answer Laura took a moment to remember if the artifacts where the in lab area to get the rest of the way cleaned up or in the cargo hold packed up safely ready to be given to a museum. After taking a moment to think, Laura then started speaking.

"To be honest I have no clue at the moment, but I can tell you either their in the lab getting cleaned the rest of the way an everything or they could be boxed up in the cargo hold. If you don't mind me asking what's up do you something was misidentified or there was something that we missed up on dating them?" asked Laura.

Laura quickly finished her coffee and got up from the table and placed her mug into the kitchen sink. She then walked back to where Luke was. "Well I'm more then willing to help you find them, so I would suggest that we check the lab first because all of them could be tucked away there." said Laura.

Laura then did a slight gesture with her hand telling Luke to lead the way. As she waited on Luke, Laura couldn't help but wonder why it was kinda of hard to let her guard down around Luke, he seemed like any normal person but there she couldn't put her finger on , but something just seemed a little off about him, but before Laura could think about it any more she just told herself that she was over thinking things and needed to get some sleep.

"Or do you w"ant to check out the cargo hold?" Laura said real quick throwing out a option.

PM
^
Loki Odinson
 Posted: Jun 17 2018, 04:14 PM
Villain
1053 AGE
37 POSTS
Loki • Chaos

Loki nodded in understanding as Laura explained to him where the piece of the "Saxon ax" was.

"It's not so much a misidentification, but more of something that I've been looking for the last while." Loki explained.

"I agree, verifying the lab first is a good idea." He replied in agreement. When Laura motioned to him that he should lead the way, he was inwardly glad that he had taken the time to commit the entire ship to memory. He led them to the well-lit lab. It was a little small with a large table in the center with several trays on its surface holding various artifacts.

Loki stepped away from Laura as he started to peruse the items until his eyes fell on the piece that he was looking for and he instantly recognized it. It was part of a blade, easily measuring twelve inches in length. He ran his finger along the edge, and his smile widened, even more, when he saw that the edge was still razor sharp, cutting into his skin. A small drop of Loki's blood fell on the blade and instantly started to glow a very faint blue in the wake of where Loki touched it.

"This is it." Loki said softly as he grinned, watching the piece of metal react with his blood. It was like it knew it was being touched by the people that forged it centuries ago. He admired it as he picked it up to take a closer look. This was from his people, the ones that his father had stolen him from and hid the truth from him.

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Laura Dinkley
 Posted: Jun 28 2018, 06:05 PM
Civilian
N/A AGE
65 POSTS
N/A • N/A

Laura had followed Luke into the lab and been looking at some of the shelves to see if she could find the broken piece, but it it didn't seem like it took the man that she was helping to find what he was looking for by the sound of it. While she might have not seen the guy get his his finger cut but what she did see when she turned around she did see the blade glowing. The look on Laura face was one of pure shock and wonderment."That's a glowing thing and don't think that a human made object."said Laura with a stutter in her voice that could be heard because of the surprise.

Laura was now taking a few moments to a deep breaths in order calm down from the shock , when she started to calm down something hit Laura's head when she just remembered Luke was asking about that particular and nothing else. Laura was now wondering why was he just looking for the object and because now it seemed a little fishy and a mystery. Let's just say Laura was now not the type to walk way from a mystery and she wasn't afraid to ask the hard question. Especially since she felt like Luke was giving off an odd feeling about something since the moment he step on the ship. The odd feeling that she had been feeling was that something was up, an Laura did always have a good intuition or instinct for things.

Laura gathering up her inner strength and started to speak up."Luke I think you should put that object back where you found it and better yet I think we should tell everyone else something up with that blade, by the way why were you looking for that particular blade? Did you know that it was something not from Earth and if so how did you know? "asked Laura.
PM
^
Loki Odinson
 Posted: Jun 29 2018, 06:35 PM
Villain
1053 AGE
37 POSTS
Loki • Chaos

Loki's smile widened as he listened to Laura state the obvious about the blade.

"Oh, no, this is as far from Midgardian as you can possibly imagine!" Loki replied as he pulled out a piece of material, intending on wrapping the metal blade up.

As Laura spoke again, suggesting that he put the relic down, Loki didn't pay her any mind as he set the cloth down flat on the table, then proceeded to wrap his prize in it.

"It's as I said. I've been looking for this particular piece for some time. Well, that's not entirely true. I knew where it was when I was made aware of its existence. Now, how it got here-" Loki said referring to Earth with slight disdain lining his words. "-I haven't the foggiest."

Slipping the now wrapped up the piece of a Frost Giant weapon into an inside pocket, Loki moved away from the table and started to walk back towards the door.

"Excuse me, Ms Dinkley." Loki said politely. He knew he probably should have been more discreet about trying to steal the shard of the weapon, but he didn't honestly think that any of the people on the boat posed any threat. Besides, he was the God of Mischief! What could they do to him?

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Laura Dinkley
 Posted: Jul 11 2018, 02:35 PM
Civilian
N/A AGE
65 POSTS
N/A • N/A

"GIVE BACK THE BLADE,I'm Warning YOU."said Laura as a response to Luke. It seemed like Luke was ignoring her warnings Laura who had no idea what do in this situation other then quickly grabbed a knife, then to take a running leap and to try jump on Luke's back, and tackle him to the ground, use the knife as a way to threaten him. As she did all of the this her heart was racing and pounding into her ears. She was nervous as hell and afraid that she be going up against a non-normal human person and the only that was going threw mind was she hoped that she survive this counter and see her family and friends again.

As she was thinking of her family and friends that start to get her to think about the other people on aboard the ship and to try to find more of a inner strength. She then spoke up once more."Give Me that Blade."said Laura in a threatening tone. It was to tell by the tone of Laura voice she was not going to give up without a fight.
PM
^
Loki Odinson
 Posted: Jul 19 2018, 06:39 PM
Villain
1053 AGE
37 POSTS
Loki • Chaos

Apparently, this Laura woman had far more bold than Loki had taken her for. A surprised "oof!" escaped his lips as he felt the impact of his body land on the ground. Because of the surprise of her actions, there was a bit of a flurry of motion but she ended up tackling him to the ground where he was looking up at her while she had a knife at his neck.

Oh, how foolishly brave she was. Loki smiled, not at all intimidated by her.

"Well... I may have underestimated you, Miss Dinkley. Certainly an error on my part." He replied with a smirk, his hands on either side of his head and keeping them there as if he really felt like he was being subdued.

"While it is my birthright, a broken blade is not worth shedding more of my blood over. Inside left pocket." He told her. However, the item that he referred to was not indeed the blade that he had stolen, but a piece of scrap metal that he had cast an illusion over so that Laura would not be able to tell the difference.

Loki remained silent, (arrogantly) letting Laura believe that she was calling all of the shots.

--------------------
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
Fast Reply
New Poll

TAG BOX

Let us know which threads to archive here.

AFFILIATES
Age of Heroes X-MEN:GRANDCHILDREN OF THE ATOM [A RPG]

AFFILIATE WITH US HERE
static only